Our promise to keep you healthy
We want to reassure our patients and our community that at all times our practice is following Governor Whitmer, the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC recommendations to ensure your safety, including the most recent guidelines in Executive Order 2020-97 which lays out rules for re-opening of outpatient healthcare facilities for non-urgent appointments on Friday, May 29th.
Our efforts include, but are not limited to:
- Screening all patients and staff each day for symptoms based on CDC updated lists and performing daily temperature screenings of staff and patients
- Requiring masks for all staff and patients, unless medically exempt
- Thoroughly sanitizing treatment rooms before and after each appointment and also regularly sanitizing surfaces throughout each day in common areas
- Limiting number of patients in office at any one given time
- Placing visual markings in office to be sure patients and staff can keep a safe 6-foot distance
- Limiting patients in waiting room and common areas by spacing out appointments, getting patients to treatment rooms as soon as possible and/or having patients wait in cars for appointments, if necessary
If you have any questions about your current appointment or our efforts to keep you safe, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at 616-264-6556.
IgG antibody testing
We are pleased to now offer COVID19 Antibody Testing through Quest Diagnostics. This test is used to detect past exposure to the Novel SARS-CoV-2 virus and potential immunity. This is a great option for essential workers, as well as those that believe they have had previous exposure or have had previous symptoms and have recovered.
The IgG test looks for antibodies in the blood, developed by the body in response to a viral infection, which may provide potential immunity against future infection. According to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, COVID-19 antibody testing may indicate that “the person has been exposed to the virus and developed antibodies against it, which may mean that person has at least some immunity to the coronavirus.”
Cost for Testing at our Center: $90
Includes: Blood Draw, Results Interpretation and Review w/ a Doctor
* You will be invoiced the $90 for your appointment after booking. We ask that you pay the invoice upon receipt. This price does not include insurance or out of pocket pricing for the test itself. Additional out of pocket max cost for this test to Quest is $55 either if your insurance doesn’t cover any of the cost or if you choose to pay out of pocket to Quest. Most insurances do cover this testing. We recommend you check with your insurance provider on coverage.*
To set up your appointment follow the instructions below:
STEP 1: Use our booking system by clicking below to book your blood draw.
You will be taken to our Charm booking link, to complete our pre-screening questionnaire for current symptoms and exposures and to book your time slot for your draw. If your answer is “yes” to any of our pre-screening questions, please do not proceed with booking, instead read the below message.
If you have current symptoms, have recently been exposed/suspect exposure or have recently traveled to an area that is at high-risk for COVID-19, please email us at email@example.com. IgG testing may not be the best option for you and our staff will reach out with other options.
STEP 2: When your results are in you will be notified by a member of our staff through our Electronic Medical Records system to schedule your results review appointment.
***We ask that all patients please come to their appointment alone (unless otherwise medically necessary), that you please bring a copy of your ID and Insurance card (copy yourself if able before arriving), and that you inform us of any changes to your pre-screening questionnaire before your appointment time, to speed the process and keep our staff and others safe.***Quest information about covid19 testing Quest Live Webinar Discussing Covid19 Testing
The following are the CDC guidelines, which we will follow and also encourage our clients to follow at all times:
- Wash hands regularly. Check this link for more information.
- Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Sneeze and cough into your elbow rather than hands.
- Avoid touching your face unless hands are washed.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, mouth.
- Avoid shaking hands or elbow bumps.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Practice Social Distancing (maintain at least 6 ft from others)
- Reschedule any non-urgent travel.
- Stay home if sick and contact your health care provider.
Call 616-391-2380 if you have the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting