Dave Johnson, MD, FACC
Cardiovascular disease remains the leading cause of death in men. In addition to the costs of chronic medical therapy for conditions such as coronary artery disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, stroke, and diabetes, men often experience erectile dysfunction long before being diagnosed with cardiovascular disease. Fortunately, cardiovascular disease, including erectile dysfunction, are both preventable and treatable.
- Men live an average of about 5 years less than women.
- The primary cause of a Man’s shortened lifespan is cardiovascular disease followed closely by cancer.
- Less than 30% of a Man’s overall health is determined by genetics, which means 70% is controllable through lifestyle choices.
- Men are far less likely to see a doctor than women.
Tips for staying health:
- Create a resilient lifestyle
- Restore health: Don’t smoke, drink less alcohol, and eliminate other
- Nourish health: Be mindful of your life and choices, eat more healthier whole plant-based foods, drink mostly water, and obtain adequate restful sleep
- Maintain health: Stay fit – physically, mentally and emotionally
- Get regular check-ups
Integrative cardiology provides an excellent opportunity to help you live longer and with greater vitality. Our partnership will help you discover solutions to the challenges getting into the way of creating and maintaining a resilient lifestyle. We offer the best of medicine in helping you achieve your health goals through individualized and comprehensive diagnostic testing, compassionate inquiry and collaboration with the most diverse medical team in West Michigan.
- Did you know a whole food, plant-based diet prevents plaque build-up in the arteries (atherosclerosis) and prevents erectile dysfunction and heart attacks?
- Did you know that breathing exercises effectively lower blood pressure?
- Did you know meditation reduces your risk for heart disease and improves cardiovascular risk factors such as hypertension?
- Did you know that a standard lipid panel is normal in about half of patients suffering their first heat attack and that better testing is available?
- Did you know medical ozone therapy can modulate your immune system and improve cardiovascular health?
- Did you know that environmental toxicant exposures are recognized as a major contributor to cardiovascular disease and adverse health?
- Did you know that gut health is directly linked to heart health?
If these questions intrigue you then call today to schedule an integrative cardiology consultation; your first step to a resilient lifestyle.